Skip to main content

2024 Toyota LandCruiser 1958 in MeteorShower Off Roading

I'm Ben Collins AKA 'The Stig' - Ask Me Anything!


1. If you could come up with your own “some say” intro for The Stig, what would it be?

‘Some say they should just give me the keys and let me drive without the damn intro!’

2. How did you get the job? What kind of training did you go through to become such a badass driver?

‘Still learning – I had the best teachers which is to say i’ve raced some big talents and you have to learn quickly or finish 2nd all the time. I got the job by writing to the boss, meeting him and then driving a car – quickly. Quite traditional. I beat the Old Stig’s lap times and got hired – SWEET!’

3. Do you really have 600 testicles?

‘Yes – i carry them like scalps in my leather satchel from every driver that ever hogged the middle lane on the M4.’

5. Top Gear or Fifth Gear?

‘Top Gear. You can’t beat a big fat hairy budget.’

6. For how long had you had access for each supercar? Was it only one or two fast laps or whole day?

‘The tyres can’t take more than 5/6 laps on the supercars and we rarely had spares so it was a 25 minute blind date.’

7. What sort of measures did you have to take to guard your identity for so many years? P.S. Big fan

‘I got myself a BBC ID card with a fake name “Richard Jameson” cleverly made of the 3 presenters names – so that i could book hotels and get up to mischief without getting caught. Used to wear a balaclava everywhere to hide my face anywhere near a Top Gear shoot and generally be as sneaky as possible.’

8. Were you always the Stig? Or were there stand-in Stigs? Did the presenters always know that you were the Stig?

‘I couldn’t make a photo shoot once because I was filming for Top Gear elsewhere and they booked a stand in – apparently Jeremy said “get rid of it” and refused to have his photo taken with him, which made me laugh. With some very rare exceptions, i did all of my stuff from walking through London to all the testing off camera and all the studio work.

The presenters didn’t know for a while at first then yes, they knew, but Jeremy often used to open the visor just to double check.’

9. How much of the time Stig was on camera did you actually spend in the suit? Was it you walking around London, appearing in studio.

‘I was entirely method. I slept in that suit. I spent family christmases never revealing my identity. To anyone. Not even myself.’

10. What does Jeremy’s hair feel like?

‘If you’ve ever had a scratch in the morning ‘down there’ then you’ll know. Kind of pubey but longer…’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute girl drifting in rally car unfastened

【中継】日産モータースポーツファンイベント

Jeep Gladiator (2024) Off-Road Test Drive

Lamborghini ARENA 2024: il più GRANDE RADUNO della STORIA del Toro!

Max Verstappen's Pole Lap | 2024 Japanese Grand Prix | Pirelli

2024 Geneva International Motor Show - Reveal of the Renault 5 E-Tech el...

The All-New 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRAILHUNTER Is the New SUV You Didn't Ex...

World’s Best EV Crossover? Volvo EX30 Vs EVERY Rival

All NEW 2025 Chevrolet Corvette Zora Revealed! First Look Will Shock YOU!

Maserati 3500 GT (1958)

Labels

Show more